Thursday, April 12, 2012

Challenging.

I've heard it said may times that anything worth doing is worth doing well.
I couldn't agree more. That's why I am choosing to spend a whole lot of time on myself this weekend. And I'm gonna do it well.
Selfish? perhaps..... Gratifying? of course.....Egotistical? Now wait a minute.....

Life is Challenging. There are very few who would disagree. In fact, I think you would be pretty hard pressed to find someone who thinks everything is a breeze. Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the "things" that challenge us. It may be that unfinished house project that hangs over your head every weekend. You know the one I'm talking about. That ugly, half done bit of "upgrading" you convinced yourself (and your family) you could take on yourself. And then it got challenging. And that was 4 months ago.

Perhaps it's the people that challenge us, namely our children. They aren't toddlers anymore, so the kicking and screaming fits are not just louder, they are way more destructive. Those rules that you challenged yourself to uphold? Whoa, kids are all over those in a heartbeat. They are the masters of distracting for their own advantage. Soon, you've forgotten what you were thinking when you trusted them to follow through without that wet noodle beating you threatened. And that was 3 weeks back.

So back to me.....Yes, I plan on pouring into myself for the next 2 1/2 days. I ushered in 2012 married, and I choose to leave it single. I began 2012 with 7 children and will probably end it with 5 (I'll embellish on this another day). I started 2012 in a home I owned, and I am now embracing my rented abode. I chose the first, lost out on the second and make my peace in the third. But ultimately, I am not alone. I am not abandoned. I am not without my everlasting home.

What's my witness?
I hope you read and understand why I have hope for rest, refueling and refilling.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will fine rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30




No comments:

Post a Comment